HIKING IN EL HIERRO
HIKING TRIP IN EL HIERRO
Author’s trip to El Hierro. Enjoy a one-week hiking trip with guided routes on El Hierro. Volcanoes, laurel forests, cliffs and much more in this guided hiking experience in the Canary Islands.
El Hierro is known as the Island with Soul. In my opinion it is perhaps also the “Forgotten Island” of the Canaries. But that forgetfulness has translated today into it being perhaps one of the most authentic islands, with a very present cultural past and an exuberant nature.
This makes El Hierro an ideal island for small trips, in small groups, in a sustainable tourism format, very much in the style of Asturian Ways. An island in which to travel around is to feel at home. For many reasons.
Are you up for it?
PRICE / PERSON :
- Depending on the size of the final group, the prices will be as follows
- GROUP OF 4 PEOPLE: 1330 Euros/person
- GROUP OF 5 PEOPLE: 1150 Euros/person
- GROUP OF 6 PEOPLE: 1040 Euros/person
- GROUP OF 7 PEOPLE: 950 Euros/person
- GROUP OF 8 PERSONS: 845 Euros/person
- Single room supplement 160 Euros/person. 2 rooms available
- Supplement for registration 45 days before departure date: 50 euros
- Discount Registration 3 months before the departure date: 50 Euros
- Single room supplement: 160 euros.
- Price for regular customers and newsletter subscribers: 10% discount. This percentage does not apply to supplements or discounts.
- Registration open until 30 days before the departure date, subject to availability.
- Hotel on bed and breakfast basis.
- Transport in an 8-seater passenger van.
- Trayecto en taxi durante las etapas de Ruta de Los Volcanes, Los Brecitos, y Marcos y Cordero.
- Rutas guiadas y seguros asociados a las rutas senderistas.
- 1 Comida/cena de celebración
- Meals not described
- Travel insurance (optional)
- Tour of the lava flows of the new volcano (optional)
HIKING AND NATURE IN EL HIERRO
Geologically, El Hierro is a growing island. The youngest of the Canary Islands, it has a shape modulated by its “recent” volcanic past, with such spectacular surroundings as the Golfo, an enormous volcanic depression that is the origin of the most populated area of the island today.
Despite being one of the smallest in the archipelago, it has desert areas, volcanic lava, tropical plants, laurel forests… even a plateau with a climate and vegetation reminiscent of northern Spain! The “poor” sister of the Canary Islands is small in size, but big in nature.
It is undoubtedly one of the jewels of the Canary Islands. And we propose a trip that will not leave you indifferent.
EL HIERRO HISTORY AND TRADITIONS
But nature is not everything on El Hierro. We will accompany you to learn about the past of the Bimbache, the ancient inhabitants of El Hierro.
And we will also talk about its repopulations, economic and population crises, traditional customs…
And as always, there is nothing better than mixing with the people and getting to know their villages, their way of life. Listening, seeing, knowing and respecting…
ARRIVAL AT EL HIERRO
SABINAR DE EL HIERRO
We will approach the Sabinar de El Hierro, perhaps the most famous plant formation on the island. We will follow an easy 10 km route. On the way back, we will visit the famous lighthouse of Orchilla, to finish visiting some spectacular coastal formations in the surroundings of Arenas Blancas, with the option of taking a swim in the area.
PARADOR DEL HIERRO, WITH VIEWS
THE SACRED TREE OF EL HIERRO
Rest day, as far as walking is concerned. But very active in terms of visits. We will visit an old Herreño village and get to know its popular architecture and endemic fauna. We will also visit the Sacred Tree of Garoé, fundamental for the indigenous culture. We will finish by visiting the coastal village of Las Calcosas, with the option of taking a swim.
A day of a spectacular route through the gulf of Frontera, along the famous Jinama Way, ending in the spectacular forest of La Llanía. A day of contrasts, in which we went from an almost desert-like environment to a hike through the laurel forest. Route of about 13 km and 1300 metres of elevation gain, only uphill. Optional, a swim in the pool of La Maceta.
FROM SABINOSA TO MALPASO
This is perhaps the most contrasting route of the entire trip. From desert areas, to lush vegetation, to the youngest surface volcano, through forest and pastureland. A new landscape at every turn. Route of 10 km with 1360 metres of elevation gain, only positive. Optional bathing in Charco Manso.
CHECK THE TRAVEL PLAN
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I AM INTERESTED IN THIS TOUR!
If you are interested in this tour, please fill in the form or contact us directly.